Federica Coluzzi is a PhD research student in English and American Studies at the University of Manchester with a project on the hermeneutics and creative reception of Dante’s Comedy in late Victorian and early Modernist Anglo-Irish literature. She is an editor for Status Quaestionis (peer-reviewed online journal, La Sapienza – Università di Roma) and collaborator of "Opificio: laboratorio di letteratura reale” at the University of Naples “Federico II”. She received both her MA in Modern Philogy and BA in Comparative Literature at Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" under the supervision of Prof. Piero Boitani and Dr Emilia Di Rocco.
- European Modernist Literature and Literary Criticism (Italian, French, German): Existential literature: the works of Albert Camus; the panoptical imprisonment of the Absurd in Kafka and Camus; Beckett’s theatrical rewriting of Dante’s Hell and Purgatory.
- Comparative Literature, Literary Criticism and Theory, Aesthetics.
- Textual hermeneutics and theories of interpretation: the use of imagery in Anglo-American criticism as a mean of interpretation of Dante’s Divine Comedy.
Victorian Studies: poetry, literature, literary criticism and hermeneutics
Modernist Studies poetry, literature, literary criticism and hermeneutics
British intellectual history (1800-1935): the rise of men of letters, literary periodicals and
press, urban libraries and University Extension Movements .
Dante Reception Studies: the presence of Dante in English literature and culture, the history
of British Dante Societies (with a specific interest for the Manchester Dante Society), Dante as an ‘object of criticism and poetical intertextual appropriation’ in the works of Anglo-Irish authors, such as W.B. Yeats, T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, James Joyce and Samuel Beckett.
Italian-English literary relations between the mid-Victorian Age and Early Modernism.
- Italian Literature: Medieval Literature: Dante (Dante’s use of intertextuality: the presence of Ovid’s Metamorphoses in the Comedy); late 19th and early 20th Century poetry and criticism: Carducci, Pascoli, D’Annunzio; Modern period, cultural and intellectual history: Benedetto Croce; Modern novelists: Italo Calvino, Cesare Pavese, Natalia Ginzburg.
- Reception and Translation Studies.
December 16th, 2013 – Borghesia: Letteratura, conference speaker: “György Lukàcs, Saggi sul realismo” OPIFICIO 2014 Università “Federico II” di Napoli, Fondazione Premio Napoli.
November 29th, 2013 – Mitologia del Borghese, OPIFICIO 2014 Università “Federico II” di Napoli, Fondazione Premio Napoli, presented poster.
November-December, 2013 – Borghesia: sette approssimazioni, OPIFICIO 2014 - Università “Federico II” di Napoli, Fondazione Premio Napoli, presented poster.
May 16th, 2013 - Le Attese: Dentro le mura, conference speaker “La prigionia dell’attesa ne La Peste di Albert Camus” OPIFICIO 2013 - Università “Federico II” di Napoli, Fondazione Premio Napoli.
April-May, 2013 – Le Attese, OPIFICIO 2013 - Università “Federico II” di Napoli, Fondazione Premio Napoli, presented poster.
Coluzzi, F. (2013), ‘György Lukàcs: Saggi sul realismo’ in Borghesia – sette approssimazioni: Opificio 2014-2015, ed. by Francesco De Cristofaro and Giovanni Maffei, (forthcoming, 2014). Electronic.
Coluzzi, F. (2012), ‘La prigionia dell’Assurdo ne La peste di Albert Camus’ in Fenomenologia dell'attesa: Opificio di letteratura reale /2, ed. by Francesco De Cristofaro (Napoli: Ad est dell'equatore, forthcoming, 2014). Print.