Liedeke Plate teaches courses in gender and cultural studies at Radboud University Nijmegen (Netherlands). Her research focuses on women's rewritings, gender and urban space, and cultural memory.
literary and cultural theory
gender and urban space
Selected Recent publications
- 'Remembering the Future; Or, Whatever Happened to Re-Vision,' Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society (forthcoming).
- 'Walking in Virginia Woolf's Footsteps, Performing Cultural Memory', European Journal of Cultural Studies 9.1 (2006): 101-120. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1367549406060810.
- ''The Poethic Turn: Writing, Poetry and Politics after 9/11', Contemporary French Civilization 29.2 (2005): 23-49.
- 'Intermedial Woolf: Text, Image, and In-between.' Word & Image 20.4 (Oct.-Dec. 2004): 299-307.
- see also http://www.ru.nl/acw/plate/